Saturday, June 9, 2012

I created this blog, to write daily things about my children in hopes that I can keep my thoughts organized about different milestons they hit. Then when I go to scrapbook their pictures, I can refer to this blog to keep track of important dates. Sounds great in writing, now if I can keep up with the blog! First, this summer has been amazing. Sophia learned to ride her bike without training wheels (June 5th) and just took off. She needed help for about two tries and on the third try she said "Dad you can let go now" Reminds me of the song "You can let go now, daddy, I can do this on my own" I cry like a baby when I hear it. Her balance is amazing and it looks like she has been riding her bike for months and not just a few days. Elliot amazes me everyday as well. His is less physical development but his vocabulary and is growing leaps and bounds. He too rides his bike, which up until a few weeks ago was non existent. He is more outgoing in groups now which is a huge answer to prayer as well. We signed him up for preschool in the fall. I was always saying they dont need to go for for two years but I need to look at my children as individuals. Sophia didn't need to go two years but I feel it will benefit Elliot to go. It will be two mornings a week for 3.5-4 hours a day. Andrew is my 'wild child' and keeps me busy. He just goes and goes. His newest thing is yelling "ready set go" and taking off running. His knees show that he has fallen many times but that doesn't stop him from go go go'ing! He is just over 19 months old and all boy. Now for the biggest news, December we will be adding our 4th little one to our family! We found out about 8 weeks ago and are just now starting to tell the news. I am 11 weeks and feeling every bit of it. We are excited for the new addition but scared at the same time to change the dynamic of our family yet again. We are probably not going to find out the sex of the baby as I really like to wait to find out. Sophia is praying for a girl as she 'desperately needs a sister' but I just want a healthy baby. I would be lieing if I said I honestly didn't care as my heart does long for another daughter. But God already knows the plans for this little ones life and what I need. I just will keep trusting Him on that and enjoy the time. I will try to post more and update on my kids as the summer goes. I am planning some fun activities, play dates, and adventures so as the summer goes along I'll update and share. Of course once summer is over I'll continue to update on my growing family!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is big news and so exciting! You sound very busy but VERY happy :-) I can tell you absolutly LOVE being a mother and your SO good at it. It is always encouraging to read your Facebook updates cuz it pushes me to be a better Mom. Hope your pregnancy goes well and healthy! Looking forward to more updates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jerelyn, You are also a great mom! I never post the bad days, or vent out my frustrations on FB.... I try to not complain as its a useless emotion. (hard for sure) I just choose Joy no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats Sara!!! How exciting, I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete