Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthday!

Today is my brothers birthday. They are 32! I can't believe we are getting old. Scary. I always thought it was cool their birthday was on Flag Day. Growing up, I thought it was random their birthday fell on flag day every year. Yeah, I was blonde. My mom is pretty much amazing for birthing twins. She knew she was having a baby and even though she was getting very large she just expected another big baby. My brother and sister were both big babies and so she just asumed she was growing another large child. She got to delivery day and my brother Robert was born only then to find out Nathanael was fast on his heels. I think that would be the shock of a lifetime. I'm not sure what else could be more suprrising than to find out after you just had one baby that another was crowning and to get ready to push again. My mom is superwoman, and I'm not kidding. She would always make two birthday cakes for each birthday, a chocolate and vanilla. One year, my brothers being big jokers teased her that they each only got one cake and everyone else got two. So one year my mom made FOUR cakes. Lets just say we ate a lot of cake for a few days until it was gone. My brothers were 3.5 years older than me and I loved them so much. They picked on me and were sometimes heartless to me, but if anyone else ever tried to hurt me in any way they didn't tolerate it. THEY were the only ones allowed to pick on me. Even though we hardly talk anymore because how busy life is, its so nice to stop and think about how fun it was growing up with older brothers. Robert (Rob) and I had track and cross country in common. I always felt he was proud of me and my running. Nathanael ('thanael) and I became close after he graduated high school and stayed home to attend community college for a year. It broke my heart when he left for northern Wisconsin to attend bible college. We were so close and I was so sad to see him go. I am blessed to have them as brothers and I only hope and pray my chidlren have similar relationships with each other as they grow. That they value having each other and use each other for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment