Monday, September 17, 2012

At the exact moment.

Last week I had a morning where God provided at the exact moment I needed. I'm not sure I could have timed it any better left on my own.

Randy has been getting up and getting to work early, leaving me to get the kids up and out the door to take Sophia to school on my own. Sophia is like a turtle. She is just so.slow.to.get.ready. It really drives me crazy. she never wants to get out of bed, never wants to get dressed, always has her own things she wants to do. It was the one day I didn't have clothes laid out the night before leaving her to choose what she wore that morning. She had 5 outfits on, no joke before I just said she was wearing whatever she had on. We were 'late' to get out the door but we weren't going to be late at all ,just not early like I like to be (Seriously, I have a problem)

Get the kids outside and realized I didn't have my keys. As I got closer to the van I noticed they were hanging on the gear shifter of my van, no problem, thats where I usually leave them. Only to find... Randy locked my van the night before. Keys inside, doors locked.... NOT good. He was of course gone at a breakfast meeting 20 minutes away. Tears filled my eyes as I dont have a spare key for my van.

Just as I was about to panic my neighbors garage door started opening and she was walking out and heading over to say good morning and goodbye to Sophia. She was a God send, she truly was. I asked her if I could borrow her car and of course she said yes. She kept the boys and I just took Sophia to school and came right back home.

If I would have been any earlier getting out the door, I probably wouldn't have thought of using my neighbor, but the fact the moment I came out she was also coming out.

Everything happens for a reason. Sophia's pokey morning turned out to our advantage.

While I was taking Sophia, Randy called our insurance and had someone on the way to unlock the van doors for us. By 9 AM, I had my keys in my hand and was ready to really conquer the day. (which I did and had a great day!)

So, in the exact moment I needed God to provide, He did. Not a moment too soon, or too late, but at the exact moment. Thats why my God is an awesome God. (that and MANY other reasons of course) It was just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment